Herbal Steam - Decongesting
2 oz / 56 g
With the help of steam, the soothing properties of herbs are extracted into the air and breathed in. This blend of medicinal plants is a gentle, therapeutic remedy to help relieve congestion and loosen muscles and phlegm in throat. This blend also helps those who suffer from allergies and asthma.
ACTIVE PLANT INGREDIENTS
Chamomile - A natural antihistamine that also calms the mind and nerves
Eucalyptus - helps to loosen mucus and provides relief for chest congestion, coughs, and stuffy noses; blocks release of histamines; reduces swelling in the bronchi that makes it difficult to breathe during asthma attacks
Lavender - highly antiseptic and antibacterial; opens airways; calming for a good night’s rest
Orange peels - highly antiseptic and antibacterial citrus peels help break up mucus and ease congestion
Peppermint - high menthol content makes for a naturally antibacterial steam; acts as a natural expectorant
Rosemary - antiseptic properties; opens airways and eases congestion
Thyme - antiseptic and antiviral; natural expectorant used for chest congestion and coughs
Yarrow - helps relieve inflammation of mucous membranes and bronchial tissues
Dead Sea Salt; Eucalyptus Globulus* (Eucalyptus) Leaf, Mentha Piperita* (Peppermint), Rosmarinus Officinalis* (Rosemary), Matricaria Chamomilla* (Chamomile), Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme), Lavandula Angustifolia* (Lavender), Syzygium aromaticum* (Clove), Citrus Sinensis* (Orange) Peel, Achillea Millefolium* (Yarrow) Leaf & Flower; Essential oils of Peppermint, Cedar, Lavender, Palma Rosa. *Organic
- In a large bowl, add 4–6 cups of boiled water to 1 tbsp of the herbal salt blend. Let steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Cover your head with a towel and carefully position your face 5-10 inches above the hot water, using the towel as a tent to hold the steam in.
- With your eyes closed, breathe deeply for no more than 10 minutes at a time.
- Rinse with cool water and gently pat skin dry.
- Apply moisturizing oil.
* If you begin to feel uncomfortable or too hot during your steam, you may end the treatment or remove the towel and keep breathing deeply over the bowl.